iPad & android tablet education application
We run an online course that allows paid subscribers to read PDFs and watch streamed MP4 videos online via a Joomla website. In addition, for non-paid guest visitors, there are four free videos that can be viewed with reading material also.
We are seeking interest from programmers who are looking to write an iPad and Android app for our course.
The app would have to do the following:
Upon running, check if the user has entered or stored a username/password
- If no password, it would have to download the free reading material (PDF) from a Joomla website, and download the videos. These would be stored locally on the iPad for ready viewing and playback
- if a username and password has been entered, the app would then check if the credentials match those of current paid subscribers in the joomla site.
- if there is a match, it would then check a known text file, which contains the topics available for download, and their location on our CDN.
- the user would then have the option of downloading the PDF and video material and storing it locally on the iPad device.
The app would then have a menu of all of the available talks and reading material.
As there are up to 35 talks, users should have the option of also deleting talks locally off the tablet device to free up storage.
We are using the idea of a text file stored on our server a a list of topics. This is because more topics will be gradually introduced as the course runs, so not all the material will be ready straight away. The file gives us the option of adding content as the course runs in a dynamic way. It allows
Unregistered users would be able to play the free videos and review the free material, and if interested, can choose an option that brings up a page, telling them the location of our website so they can register themselves online registration system.
Please contact if interested.
You would need to have
- Experience with Joomla 1.7 and the Joomla API, to verify user credentials
- Experience creating iPad applications
- Experience creating android applications