Wetail is a software company that develops e-commerce solutions based on WooCommerce. Besides a blooming consultant business the company builds a plethora of products that build on the WooCommerce ecosystem. We need to build automations and supporting systems need to be developed so that non-technical staff can manage this infrastructure, and allow the customers to manage their services directly from a control panel.
The project encompasses a fully functional solution for the journey from starting a demo server to a manageable hosting environment that is connected to AWS and correct billing in Stripe. There is already a working demo server with a cloner service that has Docker-based images running for each new customer, automatically connected to a form on https://wetail.io. When the demo ends, the customer selects a suitable hosting plan and gets redirected to the corresponding payment link.
All upcoming parts are performed manually, which is both time consuming and prone to errors. The goal is to automatise as much as possible of this process, but at the same time allowing for manual setups via our admin system. The servers that are being setup should appear connected to each customer in the admin area so that the Wetail team can monitor these and make changes in the setups if needed. Changes that require updates in billing need to be connected to corresponding changes in Stripe as well. Basic functions like restarting different kinds of services on the servers should also be included if something breaks. The frontend of the admin system will be handled by resources already in our team, but API endpoints need to be created and/or documented.
The customers need to be able to see their service(s) on the Wetail Customer page. Today, only Stripe plans can be seen, but we want the customer to see the servers and be able to monitor them and make changes in the hosting plans that have direct effect on both the running server as well as the billing. Different kind of warnings regarding CPU, memory and disk space should allow the customers to decide if an upgrade is needed and perform this upgrade (or downgrade) themselves.
During the project, it is expected that the Wetail CTO is presented with the different options that come with AWS, what the pros and cons of these are as well as given a recommendation regarding which solution to choose. Programming of APIs and supporting systems, including databases, will be the responsibility of the assignee, but parts of the implementation will be done with the help of the rest of the team. Everything must be thoroughly documented so that resources with the adequate technical skills can maintain and further develop the system if needed.
Tasks during the assignment
- Researching technologies to use for software and cloud services
- Designing and managing software and suitable cloud service specifications
- Writing, testing and implementing code
- Testing and evaluating new software
- Modifying software to fix errors and improve its performance
- Deploying software tools, processes and metrics
- Preparing reports on current programming projects, activities, or status
- Consulting with engineering staff to evaluate software-hardware/cloud service interfaces and develop specifications and performance requirements.
Skills and qualifications
- Experience as a Sysadmin or similar engineering role
- Expert knowledge of AWS and its ecosystem
- Proficient with databases and SQL
- Proficient with backend programming and cache systems
- Proficient with Git and Git workflows
- Problem-solving attitude
- Collaborative team spirit
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- University degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience with software engineering and customer experience
- Experience developing engineering applications for large organisations
- Speak and write comprehensive english
29 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $9241 timen for dette job
Hi, this is Heena. i have checked that your Project Title is AWS / DevOps - Look here! . its according my skills. Please visit my portfolio: https://www.freelancer.com/u/heenafullstacken Regards A Plus IT House