We are a small but rapidly growing independent bookkeeping firm with a strong reputation for our accounting expertise, integrity and customer service. We have 30+ wonderful clients, all small businesses in a variety of industries.
We have the opportunity to grow rapidly with the right person to support us. If you are a team player, interested in learning more about accounting and running a small business this is a great opportunity for you.
This is a part-time position with room to grow both in hours and level of responsibly as your capability and our client-base grows. Hours are flexible, currently estimated at 16-20 hours a week, split between working remotely, working at Oakland office, and occasional client visits around the Bay Area.
The work is routine bookkeeping for small business clients using QuickBooks Online, working under the supervision of the firm's owner.
Specific job responsibilities include:
• Maintain multiple client accounts utilizing cloud-based tools (QuickBooks Online, [login to view URL], Hubdoc, etc.)
• General bookkeeping, including recording transactions, bank feed, monthly account reconciliations, journal entries, reviewing receipts, etc.
• Generate reports from Quickbooks and Excel spreadsheets
• Troubleshoot client bookkeeping issues,
• Communicate with clients to request data, follow up on questions, etc.
• Down the road could take on additional responsibilities such as processing payroll, sales tax returns, cash flow forecasting, account analysis, and other higher level bookkeeping tasks as you grow into the position.
This is a quiet, kind, and casual work environment, just me and sometimes another bookkeeper.
We are very busy during tax time - January thru March are our busiest months, but we still have a full plate all year round.
-At least a basic knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping principles a must
-A degree in accounting or completion of equivalent courses a plus
-Previous bookkeeping experience with QuickBooks required and with QBO a strong plus. Not just paying bills or creating invoices, but entering transactions, bank feed, reconciling accounts, and journal entries.
-Must be proficient in Excel
-Ability to work well independently yet also collaborate well; eager to learn, and work with a remote team
-Flexible, organized, attention to detail, motivated, conscientious, dependable
-Good communication and customer service skills
-Good judgment, logic, and ability to learn new things quickly
-High integrity and sensitive to confidential information
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work accordingly
Will hire as an independent contractor to start for a probationary period, then can move to employee status
Compensation: competitive compensation based on level of experience
Please send cover letter, resume and 2-3 references
Thank you for your consideration
42 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $1916 på dette job
WE ARE HAVING TEAM OF THREE PRACTICING CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS. WE ARE HAVING MORE THAN FIVE YEAR EXPERIENCE IN MAINTAINING AND FINALIZING ACCOUNTS OF VARIOUS ENTITIES. WE ASSURE YOU TO GIVE GOOD QUALITY OF WORK.
I resolved customer banking concerns providing them solutions to satisfy their banking needs for almost 2 [login to view URL] as A/R credit admin.I always believe challenges will make us a better person.
I have over 11 years of experience in bookkeeping and admin work. I am detail oriented and hard working. At one point in my career I handled over 30 clients at one time and completed task in a timely manner.