You Are an Investment Analyst
As the representative from your accounting firm or practice, you are in charge of stock market analysis that will be presented to clients as part of professional consultation process. One of your high-profile clients is trying to determine the possible investment potential between two companies. However, before you can recommend investments to clients, you need to familiarize yourself with the background of the companies, analyze stock trends, research current events, and analyze financial statements. Select one (1) pair of these companies and conduct your analysis.
· Pepsi versus Coca Cola, or
· Amazon versus eBay
Write a ten (10) page paper in which you:
1. Analyze each company’s history, product / services, major customers, major suppliers, and leadership and provide a synopsis of each company.
2. Based on the stock price for the timeline listed below, present a graph that illustrates the stock price of each company. Indicate conclusions that can be drawn based on the trend:
a. The day of its initial public offering
b. January 1, 2012
c. January 1, 2011
d. January 1, 2010
3. Research and summarize at least two (2) news events (this may include mergers, acquisitions, or political issues) that occurred from 2010 to the present day and the potential impact on the stock price of each company. Indicate how this influences your investment decision related to the company.
4. Provide an overall financial analysis for each company that highlights the key characteristics for investment and how this may impact an investor’s decision.
5. Based on your review of the financial data for each company, indicate the accuracy and reliability of the data for making investment decision. Provide support for your conclusion.
6. Recommend which company you consider as the better investment for your client and how you will present your recommendation. Support your recommendation with data from your analysis.
pay up to $40
8 freelancers are bidding on average $62 for this job
Hi I find your project very interesting and exciting. I have more than 15 years experience in finance. I also analyse and personally invest in companies that I find suitable. Please see PMB.