You are to design your own path of exploration through a variety of texts (not media texts). The combination of texts must be: 1 novel, 1 film (not the film version of the novel) and 1 play in order to draw conclusions about your chosen issue or idea.
For this issue or idea you may choose from the following topics:
• The changing position of women
• The Nature of Family
• Growing up
• Growing old
• Family relationships (brotherly and sisterly love and rivalry)
• Escaping reality
• School days
• Greed and Corruption
• Being in a minority eg ethnic minority, religious minority
• Being disabled in some way
• Economic depression
• Breaking social codes of behaviour
• Romantic love
• The Church
• Environmental destruction
• Environmental beauty
• Natural disaster
Ultimately, your task is to write a 1000-1200 word persuasive response in the form of a conference paper to be presented at a national youth conference entitled 'Texts and the Human Experience'.
Your purpose is to persuade your readers why the chosen texts are valuable in their contributions to illuminating the particular human experience under discussion.
Your completed paper must be introduced with a concise abstract of 100-200 words and include a correct bibliography.
During the completion of this task, you will be engaged in:
• Structuring and organising an extended written text
• Reaching a conclusion
• Extrapolating from a range of texts and understanding of some aspect of the human experience.
• Evaluating the effectiveness of texts in highlighting the human experience
• Justifying your conclusions regarding the links between reading and understanding life.