“Once the company is legally incorporated, it must be treated like any other independent person with rights and liabilities appropriate to itself, and that the motives of those who took part in the promotion of the company are absolutely irrelevant in discussing what those rights and liabilities are” (per Lord Halsbury, Salomon v Salomon & Co Ltd).
• You should use appropriate case law and provisions of the Company Act 2006 wherever applicable in your discussion
• The essay should be word-processed and should not exceed 2000 words. Hand-written essays are not acceptable.
• You should also endeavour to conduct independent research and use academic sources in your essay. Remember to acknowledge and reference your sources properly. Plagiarism is strictly forbidden and would result in the score of 0 being awarded for the essay. See the referencing guidelines on p. 11.
• No extension of time for submitting the essay would be granted except in exceptional circumstances. Late submission of the essay attracts a penalty. Please read the university regulations for the penalties for late submission and non-submission of work.
• The essay accounts for 30% of the overall marks for the course
The following factors would be taken into account in marking your essay:
1. Relevant knowledge and understanding of the subject-matter
2. Analysis and evaluation of the subject-matter Analysis and evaluation of the subject-matter
3. Use and application of source materials, including statutes, decided cases and academic articles
Further information will be given upon bid. Must pass plagiarism
Test. Happy bidding, and I Look forward to working with you