This is a fun project: a critical movie review of the disaster movie "The Day After Tomorrow", compared to an online documentary "Secrets Beneath The Ice" available on the NOVA website online. I will also provide other online sources for you as well to make it easier. Here are the requirements:
You will write a summary of the project.
The summary will be part movie, video, and website critique and part research paper. I
expect you to address the following topics:
1. How were scientific concepts conveyed in the fiction movie, and were they
2. How does the fiction version compare to actual science, as presented by the
nonfiction videos and websites?
3. How do the topics covered in both the fiction and nonfiction versions relate to
topics we’ve discussed in class?
4. Are there any major flaws in the fiction or nonfiction versions of this topic, or are
there any key pieces of information that should have been added to either the
fiction or nonfiction versions? This is the research component of your summary;
do some independent research to find more information on your topic.
What you need to turn in:
2. A concise, clearly written summary addressing the topics listed above. Your
summary should be double spaced and 4-6 pages in length (about 1500-2000
3. A list of references. All of the movies, videos, and websites that you discussed as
a group should be listed as references, along with additional references that you
found on your own. You should include at least 3 additional references that
were not assigned by me.