Description of requirements/features: We need to create an HTML page with daily news content which is then sent to remote users who do not have access to the internet - only email. We originally looked at editting a 'formatted' Word document, and then saving it as an HTML document.
I am happy with the layout and how the 'webpage' looks in a web browser.
However, our problem is that we collect stories and copy them to Notepad. We want to insert these stories into table cells in the word document - and if possible to automate some of the formatting.
We would like someone to propose a solution to allow us to format the document simply - we produce about 20 daily editions and so have not time to manually insert text and format the document.
To assist you, we have attached a zip file that has following files:
1. Raw text file as we copy/paste from web.
2. Blank Word document with the required basic structure that is converted to html
3. Sample populated Word file ([url removed, login to view]) with correct formatting of the text held in the Text file
4. The finished html file that we will send out to users of our service.
5. Sample [url removed, login to view] - holding sample World news
6. Finished html World file that the main file references to in the menu
The World news section refers to a separate html file - this will be a common file for ALL the editions we produce, so we want to only format it just once.
I would like to receive bids on how you think we could automate the formatting better. Presume VBA coding will be preferred way to do this.
This project was posted originally on another site - but the person with whom we were discussing things suddenly disappeared!. I have attached a zip with the communications we had discussed as it might lead you to being able to offer a similar solution. This was a small price - approx £100 to create the html page. but anytihng you can add wolud be useful.