First some background:
Trading name (what the logo should say): IoT Systems Design
IoT = Internet of Things. A few of the things we do are:
- We designed a system to measure beer consumed in hotels using little electronic gadgets that measure the beer as it flows through the line to the tap and then send that information to a server in the cloud.
- We designed a system using satelite GPS to guide delivery trucks to remote pickup bins and when the bin is loaded, automatically measures it's weight and sends that information to a server in the cloud that is used for billing. It also tracks where the truck is in real time.
- We designed a home automation system that gets the house ready for it's owner as the owner gets closer to the house using satelite GPS. We also did a lot of sensing and control of many parts of the house like heating, lights, doors, windows, even the coffee maker to have a cup of coffee ready.
The list is quite endless. We design systems that use the internet to get information from sensing devices and based on the information, display things and control other things that are also connected to the internet. Do a google search for "Internet of Things" and/or "M2M" or "Machine to Machine" for ideas.
Remember this is a logo that will define this company so it has to be unique.
What we're looking for is a set of logo's that say who we are, but also what we do to use in different formats:
1. A small square: used as an icon on a web page, as a profile picture for social media and other web based area's
2. A large square: Can be the same as the small square, but used for print up to about 30cm x 30cm (12 inches square)
3. A short banner: This is used on letter head, invoices, and some web pages, so both print and web. A target size is 3200 x 1200 so it can be resized down for web, but will also work well in print.
4 A long banner: Across the top of a web page or across the top of a printed page. Target size is 4096 x 1200.
We're expecting the logo files to be similar, just re-arrangements with some additional content for the larger banners if needed. Also the files should retain layers (don't flatten) so it allows for adjustment when needed.
This will be used for a company logo so will be trademarked. That means you will not be able to retain copyright, ie it must be unique and can't be re-used.
The owner of the companies favorite color is orange, but also likes green and blue. That said, he's also very aware that certain colors do better in marketing as they portray different things. Google "what do colors mean in marketing".