We are planning to produce a school friends-book for 5-7 year olds in primary school. A friends-book is essentially a journal that a child can give to class mates/ friends and ask them to answer fun questions, stick a photo, they can write or draw something, answer questions about hobbies, favourite colours, favourite food, games etc.
Friends-books encourage kids to play, practise writing and drawing, learn about themselves and their classmates, and create cherished memories.
A journal to keep for life
To give you an idea about existing layouts please see attached examples of friend-books currently available.
These are in German but the idea should be clear from these – kids provide basic info such as name, age, birthday,etc as described above.
We are looking for someone who would illustrate 2 versions of a friends-book for us
One illustration for 5-7 year old boys and one illustration for 5-7 year old girls.
We would need front cover illustration for each and the theme should then be continued throughout the book. There is a section where the book owner will describe him/herself (4 pages) and then classmates section (also 4 pages for each child) these sections will just be copied forward.
For the boys book we are thinking cars, robots, rockets etc but are open to your suggestions, same if you have any ideas for the girls version.
So to sum up we need:
2 versions Boys/ girls 5-7 years primary school
- We will provide the actual naming of the information fields (name, age, hobbies) no need to worry about the fonts.
- Identify / suggest an illustration theme
- Illustrate / design front cover with theme
- 4 pages “about me” pages
- 4 pages “classmate / friend pages” (will be copied throughout)
- Files - photoshop or we can discuss final layout and you provide also press quality PDF (TBC)
- Full Rights transferred to us but we are open to get your name on the front cover “Illustration by YOURNAME” (this should be reflected in your price offer please)
Any questions please ask. We want an awesome looking friendsbook
PS - please show potential examples/ideas / references when you bid.