Turn this scotsman into my web-app's drum major mascot!
- Status: Closed
- Præmier: $75
- Modtagne indlæg: 4
- Vinder: emadgv
I have an exciting little project, that's well out of my own graphic design skills - AKA: vectors and illustrator.
My web-app (unreleased) creates sheet music for drums, and I want to have a drum major as my mascot. Specifically, a scottish pipe (bagpipe) band drum major.
I bought a vector EPS from Bigstockphoto that roughly fits what I'm going for, and is a good starting point so far as style and body proportions. I've attached this, as well as context of how it fits into the front page of my website.
The way he's dressed right now is more of a formal civilian dress, equivalent of a suit & tie. What I need is for him to look something along the lines of these examples:
http://drummajor.net/1Media.htm . The first image there on the top left is one of the best examples. Also just search "scottish drum major" on Google, there's no shortage of inspiration!
Key elements needed:
- The big feathered hat (feather bonnet)
- Both a gold and tartan sash. You'll see lots of the gold sash is covered in little battle honors.
- Kilt (same tartan as sash). He's a highland (scottish) drum major, remember!
- The beard doesn't need to be so big, but he needs to have a pretty swarthy & scruffy attitude. Think sergeant-major meets grizzly adams.
- A mace. The large silver/gold/wood stick they carry to signal to the band behind them (and break things with if necessary)
- Must be holding a piece of sheet music, as pictured. A PDF of sample sheet music is provided.
Additional notes since posting:
- Top of mace: silver, gold details. Examples: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIgEARwUo_yb0-1qyZr29ZDMX3q_8bUcHgI5pxy0jZpPNC9xdj and this: http://www.pether.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/DrumMajor/graphics/ap_maces.jpg
- Sash & kilt: green tartan
- Jacket: red
- Socks (diced hose) in this pattern: http://www.glengarryhats.com/images/hosetops/large/blackred.jpg
- Red or white hat feather
- White belt, gold buckle
- Gold sash is over his left shoulder
- Most drum majors are quite serious - but mischievous, a little silly, and full of themselves at the same time. I suggest that we put him at attention like this: http://www.atlantic-watch.com/images/Kimmel/Kimmel%2002.jpg
Here's another good example: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/2f/53/12/2f5312d0246677ef7464a0c870fbddb7.jpg
If I dig your creativity, attention to detail, aesthetic, and skill set - I guarantee I'll be needing you again and again to re-design "Drummy" into various poses & emotions. He'll be a big part of the website - offering tips, instructions, and even jokes to my users.
Please submit at least 2 entries/variations, the more the better! Different tartans, facial expressions/hair, posing, etc are encouraged! You don't even need to use my EPS, feel free to make something new that fits your own design style! I'm available to answer any of your questions.
- - - Andrew
“Very talented artist. No fuss, and followed my direction really well. I\'m really impressed with the final product, and will definitely continue working with him! A++++”