Refresh / Redesign a logo for a blog
- Status: Closed
- Præmier: $250
- Modtagne indlæg: 9
I need to Refresh a logo for a Personal Finance Blog, Podcast and Youtube channel (see current attached).
I would like to use the colours Teal, Yellow, White and Black
The logo should be equally appealing to male and female
Information on how I designed the old logo which is important:
The pilots cap has a central badge which is common to most pilots uniform, a central 'Flame' representing FIRE (Financial Independence Retire Early) with 'wing bars' either side of it. This is similar to the pair of wings pilots wear on their uniforms
- Behind the central pilot face icon shows an aircraft on climb out. This is called a 'FAA 4 segment climb gradient' which is how aircraft are certified for take-off performance. It shows the take off roll (flat), initial climb (2nd segment), accelerate and clean up (3rd segment) and final climb (4th segment) terminating in the silhouette of the Boeing 747 airliner climbing skyward.
- Underneath the flight path is bars which represent the growth of an investment portfolio.
- The link between the bars and the flight path is that investments are not linear, and they grow at different rates (or could even go down!) but overall the long term trend is upward growth. It shows it takes time to learn, get qualified, get a job, understand and research your investments, pay off debt etc (1st segment flat ground roll), and then as you build momentum in your investments the net worth increases (but not linearly).
- Things I like: it is unique, it aligns with my branding and promotes the competitive marketing advantage of being a captain (a trusted profession) of which no one else is doing. There are some doctors doing similar things but not as successfully as I am. It is fairly simple
- Things I didn't like: It is very rough, it is quite '2 dimensional' and it doesn't look very 'polished'. I manually traced this out on MS paint so the edges are rough and don't look clean. I worry the larger logo looks a bit 'cluttered' and the central motif is awkwardly integrated, the bars are different widths and not equal spacing
- Most important thing about it is probably the aviation and finance branding
The new logo will be used on the website, and the branding pack applied to the website redesign. The logo will also be used on social media (instagram, facebook, twitter etc), Youtube and on the Podcast cover art. I will also make stickers, t shirts and other merchandise to give away.
The logo should look good as a small thumbnail, and not have too much detail. Should be simple. Large version (horizonal) used on the website banner, and a square version (icon) to be used as social media profile pictures or for stickers, letter heads etc that kind of thing
Brands / logos that I really like and think their logos are very good for your inspiration;
- The Mad Fientist (https://www.madfientist.com) - Brilliant branding, nice graphic design, very simple (word MAD with the beaker in the A) and incorporates his face into it very well. Nice website layout
-Mr Money Mustache (https://www.mrmoneymustache.com/)
- Choose FI (https://www.choosefi.com/)