Redesign the front page of a successful app
- Status: Closed
- Præmier: $100
- Modtagne indlæg: 24
- Vinder: SamJaneVDB
My company is an online fitness, health and wellness app called Active8me. ([login to view URL]). We offer a variety of programs that consumers can choose and sign up to eg Lose Weight, Lean Fit & Toned, Running, Post-Baby, Diabetes Prevent. And each of these programs gives people daily plans for workouts + nutrition / meals + mindset lessons + tracking their progress. So users get a daily workout, their recommended meals (breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner), plus a weekly mindset video. They follow these entirely on the app, through videos / plans / recipes etc.
I want to explore how we could redesign the front page so that users will be more engaged.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
- Attached are 2 designs
1. The current design
2. The current design with 2 future possible elements added (a line for personal actionable insights + a slider from the bottom for extra bonus point actions)
- You will see that the current home page design shows everything in the today view. Is there a better way to do this?
- what is a users typical day / user journey? How does this impact design eg is some sort of timeline view a better way of showing the daily components? (If so, how do we know when to put the workout - can the user schedule it so this adjusts and their timeline feels more personalised)
- does the current view feel 'too much' and therefore adds to decision fatigue
- does the user just want to know what their NEXT action is.
- do we consider a timeline view
- the ultimate aim of the app is to FEEL like a really personalised coach. Almost like an AI coach. That this is their personal plan for their personal journey. So aside from the customised content (eg workout, nutrition, mindset), we want it to also have personalised, actionable insights that are contextual for that user. ie show/tell the user what is coming up next for them today; show them how they're going; give them recommendations; encourage them; tells them what to focus more on. (This is future AI that will be developed - but so you have a sense of what the app should feel like and communicate to the user on the front page, which I think can be improved by redesign.
- I would still like to maintain all elements eg chat with a coach, tracking, top bar items, workout / mindset / nutrition ... this is about re-designing in some way
So help me … I'd like your thoughts ... over to you ...