Natural Disaster Innovation, Sponsored by IBM
- Status: Pending
- Præmier: $5000
- Modtagne indlæg: 188
- Vinder: ranga84
Natural disasters are one of humanity’s greatest threats. While they may be inevitable, their impact can be reduced through technology.
In conjunction with IBM’s Call for Code Global Challenge, Arrow is launching this contest to spark technology innovation for solutions that improve individual health and community well-being through better natural disaster preparedness, accelerated response and/or a greater capacity to recover.
Examples of potential technology-driven solutions include, but are not limited to:
• Identifying and aiding people with reduced or restricted mobility who require special assistance (disabled, hospitalized, elderly, confined).
• Using machine vision to assess the impact of a disaster and accelerate response, reducing time to build back better.
• Ensuring that stocks of insulin, antibiotics and other critical medicines requiring refrigeration remain cold despite loss of power.
• Employing sensors and analytics to predict the impact of disasters and educate communities on how to prepare for impending threats.
Please note that the above examples are for inspiration only. We are looking for innovative, original ideas!
The contest deliverable is either a 2-3 page written solution proposal or a short presentation in English in PDF format outlining your idea.
We also encourage participants to apply for the Call for Code Global Challenge.
Get started by joining the 2019 Call for Code Challenge Community hosted by IBM here ([login to view URL]) and getting inspiration from IBM’s tutorials here ([login to view URL]).
1st Prize $5000 USD
Reports and presentations will be judged based on the following criteria:
• Explanation of the solution, who and how it helps in a natural disaster and why the solution is being proposed.
• Technologies/future use of technologies and including the technical feasibility.
• Thoughtfulness and creativity of the solution.
Arrow Electronics guides innovation forward for over 200,000 leading technology manufacturers and service providers. With 2018 sales of $30 billion, Arrow develops technology solutions that improve business and daily life.