Design look&feel for machine translation web app
- Status: Closed
- Præmier: $220
- Modtagne indlæg: 67
- Vinder: leandeganos
- Design the look&feel for a machine translation web app, targeting users from several indigenous cultures across the globe. The app is expected to be accessed via web browser.
- Because this project will be non-commencial, non-profit, and free, submissions should be focused on the machine translation interface and usability of the app. We do not expect a product-focused website.
- The app doesn't have a brand name yet. At this stage, we are only interested on the overall look&feel of the app.
- The final app will be responsive, with support for desktop and mobile devices. We encourage participants to provide design variants accordingly.
- The translation system will support a very large number of languages. Therefore, the selection of source and target languages should consider this fact.
- The app will support only two modes of operation: text and voice. Please do not consider support for other modalities such as handwritten text or image support.
- The app should support "contribution" by users that know the language. For example, they should be able to easily suggest a better translation than the one provided by the system.
- The app should look somewhat different to existing machine translation websites such as translate.google.com or deepl.com, but the overall interaction should consider that users will probably be familiar with the user interface of those plataforms. Therefore, the app should be self-explainatory considering that the user knows those services.
- Creativity is highly encouraged. We hope the app looks unique and professional.
- Simplicity is also highly encouraged. Please use the interface of Google Translate as a reference in terms of simplicity.
- Although it is not a requirement for this contest, if submissions provide design suggestions in terms of UX, it would be highly valued and is likely to help us understand the proposed ideas.
- Consider adding dynamic and interactive elements to make the graphic engaging and easy to understand.
- The design should consider that the app will be opensourced in the future. Therefore, the elements used in the design should be opensource-compatible.
- For simplicity, we only expect screenshots of the designs, delivered as images.
- Submissions should include screenshots for desktop and mobile displays, and screenshots of the key features of the proposal.
- Figma links are appreciated
“Its incredible to work with Lean Carlo D. He is a very talented designer. He works and responds really fast, delivering outstanding results. He is very open to feedback and adjusts the work accordingly. He understands the requirements perfectly, even when the requirements require finding challenging creative solutions on his side. I would definitely recommend Lean Carlo D.”