Admin website for mobile app platform, interfacing with Contentful CDN
- Status: Pending
- Præmie: £800
- Modtagne indlæg: 4
We are looking for a skilled, enthusiastic and responsive web app developer to complete an existing project. The project is to complete an admin website and APIs for a mobile app platform. The platform provides businesses with a mobile app solution for delivering content to employees. Content is hosted on the Contentful content delivery network. The website provides the backend for several existing apps, with further apps being added continually.
The core functions of the backend are:
• Host an XML file describing the menu structure of the app. Top level app sections are also specified in this XML file.
• Add/edit/remove content on Contentful. Content is specified using JSON, CSS, HTML, PDF and images (PNG, JPEG and SVG).
• Link content with menu items and provide a graphical interface for modifying menu layout and content positions within the menu layout.
• Provide an API for apps to check a timestamp to determine if locally-cached content is out of date
• User management for the website backend (two groups: admin and customers; with customers group being subdivided into individual apps).
The successful developer will require knowledge of MySQL/phpmyadmin, together with expert knowledge of web design using PHP/HTML and the Bootstrap framework. The resulting appearance of the site is very important and the developer must be able to ensure that the website is responsive and optimised for viewing on tablets, especially the iPad. Similarly the graphical appearance of the site must be optimised so that it appears professional and ready to be customer facing.
A prototype of the website is already built as shown in the attached screenshots. In this project, we require a developer to work on three main tasks:
1) Develop several new features for the site (outlined below; further details available on request)
2) Produce technical documentation describing the function of the completed site, user management, databases, and app APIs.
3) Import existing content into the new platform and setting it live, including setting up SSL certificates for HTTPS access.
Open source libraries may be used as long as prior approval is sought to confirm that the appropriate licences are available. On the back of this project we hope to establish a strong relationship with the contractor which will facilitate future work on the project.
The new features are listed below. Further details of each are available on request.
1. Improve the log in experience by adding forgotten password and forgotten username features
2. Construct a help page
3. Add a function for configuring new apps including setting up necessary databases
4. Create new Administration sections for app and user admin, customising app appearances, and setting app sections (specified in XML)
5. Build a ‘drag and drop’ menu editor for linking content to menu indices. This will work similarly to the widget drag and drop function implemented in Wordpress.
6. Build an interface for editing content, in HTML format, including image upload.
7. Incorporate a visual CSS editor
8. Add a section for administering time stamps which indicate to the apps whether new content is available.