Code and design changes in non-profil animal site
- Status: Closed
- Præmier: $300
- Modtagne indlæg: 7
- Vinder: team1
I'm running a free non-profit animal classifieds site for People that is looking for a place for their dogs, cats and so on (for giving away). While I can do it myself, I'm using to much time on looking for stuff and trying to figure how I can do different things.
PLEASE NOTE: You are free to suggest design-changes/improvements and show me what you will be able to do. At a minimum, please mention Your experience With this Premiumpress-system or previous work done in related areas. I will not consider members that have no References.
I have drawn in the attached picture. I have typed what I want done in red letters, you would be in charge of implementing this directly in my WP-install, using MOSTLY already code you just have to customize a bit.
I found and will be using a template-system (http://www.premiumpress.com), you can see it in action at this website: http://184.108.40.206. I did start to implement the header and footer (from http://omplassering.no), but I cheated and used a complete picture - please ignore my bad try on this - you will do better in css/html so that links actually works.
The template system takes cares of all ad-Processing, so you would mainly do html/css/jss customize. Hopefully, very few changes are needed - that is also my goal in order to be able to continue to use blocks/widgets like I can do today. I do have to warn you - the templates seems to be a lot in php-scripts directly. Not that it should be a real big problem.
1. Implement background-color, header and footer from main site today, http://omplassering.no, into html/css on 220.127.116.11 (should be easy, 20 minutes-job).
2. Move the map into a widget (small map) that I can place in the rigth column on FrontPage and sub-pages. (One not on map: it shows all ad-locations in database and a click leads you to that ad or a search on ads in that area). A little more complex.
3. As shown in #3 on picture: Replace price With City and implement ad-text instead of how it is now. Pictures and Box must be same size somehow! Not so complex, just find in template and implement.
4. So the result of Your code changes, done directly in my WP-install on my website, should be almost same as in attached picture.
5. Lastly: Implement Facebook and Google+-login and or/creation (is not supported in any way out of the Box or in templates - you must php-code). Possibly a facebook icon on the login page that lets users in just a couple of clicks sign up and get directly to post ad-page. I want it to be as easy as possible.
Please note that the goal is to get a nice-looking site, SEO optimized and that will still be dynamic - that means that I can use WP-features built-into this theme. Like widgets and lists that I can move around just as today.
For all of this Project, I think modifying the map to a widget is the most difficult one (at least for me). I did read that I could just re-Attached the image to another css-selector (http://www.premiumpress.com/forums/topic/listing-page-layout-map-in-side-column-formatting-question/), but in this case, you also need to make it dynamic (so that I can actually use this widget on a sub-page also). Another really, really important aspect is to get the design clean and uncluttered.
I want a design that is as narrow as possible, similar or same as omplassering.no - if you have to increase width due to the map, you need to design header so that it still looks nice. I'm scared to Death that you will design the site to bloated/big/large letters, I really like more formal/diskrete-websites like omplassering.no.
This is urgent!